Saturday, February 2, 2008

12 days to Valentine's day

Hi everyone. I've decided to make Valentine's Day of 2008 a little more interesting.

I'm gonna post love songs from now until that special day =]

Love is in the air, and I hope the songs posted here will make this season a little more special for you all =]


Here come the very first two songs. I was first introduced to these songs through my ex-classmate's music blog. He has a really cool blog with interesting music.:
(don't d.o.w.n.l.o.a.d. these two songs at the same time cos that's not possible, finish the first one before you proceed to the next one)

(for windows user: right-click --> save target as, for mac user: right-click --> save link as)
Scala & Kolacny Brothers is a Belgian all-girl choir (age ranging from 16 to 26), conducted by the two Kolacny brothers, Stijn & Steven. This is quite an interesting interpretation of Kylie Minogue's 'I Believe In You', which might or might not have inspired that new orchestral version she's been performing live lately. They are more like a show choir, not too much into choral techniques and dynamics, but more into the contemporary sound. They have released 5 albums so far, mostly covers of contemporary songs.
A sweet song I must say.



A song made famous by the legendary Carpenters. This version a cover by Emmy Rossum, who has starred in Phantom of the Opera as Christine. This rendition reminds me greatly of Imogen Heap's style, thickly layered, intense but engaging.
I love this song.


I really love and miss you guys, choristers, ex-classmates, friends, or anyone who has been a part of my life.


with love,
Don =]

0 comments:

 

"Peace cannot be kept by force.It can only be achieved by understanding." - Albert Einstein