Tuesday, April 8, 2008

joy

hi everyone!

I don't know why but I feel that it's SO SATISFYING to work. Really! I enjoy every single second of my job.

I have practically no free time. It's either greeting customers, light food prep, manning the register, helping the chicken people (who are so nice by the way), or labeling prices... but everything is so fun to do. It's the best feeling I have in such a long time.

Maybe all that feelings are enhanced after nearly four months in confinement and loneliness.

And I am quite thrilled that an extreme introvert like me can still pull off a customer service role, and I think I pull it off quite well actually. yay me =]

It's really cool to meet all sorts of customers. The quite fun (and a little devilish) part is to meet cuties. It's like a treat. Ok, I'll stop talking about that part.

Some customers are SO friendly and environment conscious. One of them told me not to but the plastic fork for him, or some customers refused to use plastic bags. And I served a REALLY nice policeman today. So courteous, so different from the evil, racist one I saw in the Oscar-winning movie "Crash".

On a totally different note, I WAS SO HAPPY that "Crash" won the best picture for OSCAR that year over Brokeback Mountain. Brokeback Mountain was a complete piece of trash. I don't get the whole movie AT ALL. Lousy cinematography, lousy plot, lousy music, and the acting is so dull. It's like watching daniel radcliffe trying to become Harry Potter, but end up being the most emotionless wizard on earth.

Back to my job. There's no male cashier at the place I'm working, ever. Should I be sad about it? I hope the girls are not scared of me. That's all.

Lunch time is quite sad. I miss ACJC food. I love the Chick and Pig stall. And the Milo stall. Those two stalls got me through the days. Anyway, do you know that Milo stall sells Panadol as well. Remember that when you are going to die of a headache and cannot get a pink slip.

Good students will get a pink slip. Bad students will not get a pink slip. So if you think you are the latter one, please remember to buy panadols from the drink stall.

I did not get a pink slip. No one cared.

That's about it.

0 comments:

 

"Peace cannot be kept by force.It can only be achieved by understanding." - Albert Einstein