I can't believe I'm saying this but "DAVID COOK ROCKS!"
He showed a whole different side of him on Tuesday night. He sang "Music of the night," and I was totally surprised by his rendition. I expected to see something rockish, raw and angsty from him. But no, he sticked to the original melancholy, longing ballad version. It was so surprising to see a toned down, vulnerable David Cook with the song, and I loved everyone moment of it. The slight nuances in the songs, the vocal, the style, everything is awesome. It's a bit effeminate though, but heck cares, that made him look pretty on television, for once.
I'm so surprised at this rocker, and in a good way =]
My favorite Carly Smithson sang well =] She seemed effortless with the song Jesus Christ Superstar.
Well, sidestep a bit, I don't really like this musical - Jesus Christ Superstar, the music is not that groundbreaking as that of Phantom of the Opera. I've watched a few editions of Jesus Christ Superstar but I don't think the casts pulled it off well. The whole thing is just a little strange, as I don't like to watch the gospel that way. The only memorable song from the musical is "I don't know how to love him." I think it's for the role of Mary Magdalene.
Back to Carly, she was awesome. She sang well, and it was full of energy. I don't really like the form of her dress but I like the batik texture, it's very Asian =p I LOVE YOU CARLY =]
And I was like "WHAT??????????" when Jason Castro did not know that the legendary hit "MEMORY" is sang by a cat - well, not a real cat but an actress in a role of a cat. It's quite obvious, "Memory" is from the musical "Cats", who else will sing it besides erm... a cat? I love how goofy Jason Castro is. He is cheeky. Anyway, "Cats" is A REALLY PLOTLESS musical. I nearly chewed my hair after I finished watching "Cats" on DVD. It's just a whole bunch of people dressing as cats singing one after another. Well, the only nice part was "Memory" and I watched the version by Ellen Page and she was totally fantastic. Anyway, it's just a really really REALLLY plotless musical.
So please, after you finish watching "Cats", please don't kill yourself.
Or your cat!
David Archuleta made a whole new version of "Think of me". I think it was delectable, quite amazing how he transformed it into a whole new contemporary song. But I just love the original version so much that I don't really care about his version.
Mercado was ok, and boring, as usual.
And I don't even want to talk about Brooke White. Maybe it's her turn to leave the show.
This is a REALLY INTERESTING episode of American Idol.
And I'm out =]
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
American Idol - Andrew Lloyd Webber
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment