
It's boring!
I can't believe it but I think David Cook is good - wait, rephrase - I think he sang well, he got style, although not the style I'm crazy about. Thank goodness he got rid the stupid curly fringe thing on his hair.
David Archuletta's version of When you believe is just alright, even though it got praises from the judges. I don't really get his singing, it's just ok cute school boy kind of thing. And I realize no matter how well or badly he sings, he will still get the most support, and I daresay, he will win this season.
BUT, these are the contestants that I REALLY like and I hope they will be in the top 2: Carly Smithson and Jason Castro.
There's something really honest and REAL about that Carly Smithson girl. I love her voice and her personality. The only downside is that she's still clumsy about her appearance. She has a high fashion appearance but keep clothing herself in granny styles. Anyway, I thought her song was the best among the contestants of the Mariah Carey night.
About Jason Castro, he is unique, his music is unique. Nearly all the songs that he sang on American Idol are slightly different from the original. That's smart since the interpretations of the songs really suit his country, lullaby kind of voice. I was enchanted with his rendition of "Michelle", even though, until now, I still haven't heard the original version by the beatles. He was so smart to choose Hallelujah, the perfect song for his voice. And his version of "Somewhere over the rainbow" was a complete breath of fresh air. It has been so sickening lately to hear that song being recited again and again and again in singing competitions, movie sountracks, advertisements,... Everytime I hear it, I go "Oh no! Not AGAIN!"
And about Kristy, I'm glad she's eliminated. She's IN for WAY TOO LONG.
And about Mercado, Brooke White. I think they will be the next to be eliminated. I don't even know who Mercado is through her singing, and Brooke White's voice is not that good. And she needs to learn how to handle harsh criticism as well, because, obviously, her voice is not that good. Just ditch the piano and focus on the voice please. I think the musicians on the show can do a better job at playing the piano than her.
Contestants that I still want to remain on the show: Michael John, David Hernandez, Danny Noriega. Yes, the guys and the diva guy. I think they sang well, performed well and were eliminated way too soon.
And you know what, Mariah Carey used to sing so well, now her music is more like breathy rubbish than heartbreak gems they used to be.
and I'm out.
yours donnily,
Don =]
Friday, April 18, 2008
american idol - mariah carey night
Posted by
NOD
at
1:42 AM
Labels: american idol
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment