hey, I'm back.
The past weeks has been crazy for me, and I've made a point NOT to blog whenever I feel depressed/confused/tired since my blog is public and I don't want to remember the bad stuff anyway.
Well, this post is about American Idol. I've just watched the performance of the top 8 guys and I can't help putting down my thoughts here.
Two words to summarize what I feel about this week performances: surprised and disappointed.
Well, the disappointment came from David Archuletta. He sang so brilliantly last week. He dropped such a big bomb to show off his vocal and musicianship the last show. So generally, I expected to hear an even better song this week. You know, great expectations.
Anyway, Great Expectations is a book by Charles Dickens right?
Oh, who cares, HAHA. This has nothing to do with American Idol. Just that my mind wonders sometimes.
Back to David Archuleta. He seemed a little bit distracted this week. Maybe that was because he had to sing, play piano and focus on the camera at the same time. His voice is still as awesome as ever, but there was no wow factor. It was just an ok song, an ok performance, forgettable.
Well, a few surprises surfaced.
The song Hallelujah (one of my favorite songs of all time) was beautifully sung by Jason Castro. It was quite genuine and heartfelt, a lullaby I daresay. The past two weeks I always fast forwarded his performances because they were so boring (yes folks, I can fast forward American Idol, HAHA). But this week, I enjoyed his singing.
David Hernandez was also good. Despite a few glitches here and there, he pulled the song quite well, even though this week's performance - "It's all coming back" - is not as good as his previous one - "Papa Was a Rolling Stone". His high notes were awesome. They were full, wide and steady. There are some revelations about his stripper past but I mean "who cares?", I don't know why people are so interested in this kind of thing.
Well, the most interesting contestant, although not my favorite, is Danny Noriega. He possesses such a sassy attitude of a male diva. His performances are so Dannyesque, with his totally unconventional expressions that other guys don't have. I like the fact the he just be himself and that made him unique and interesting. He knows how to work the camera well. Anyway, I don't see him as the winner of this competition.
The rest of the performances were bland and boring.
And I'm bored.
So I'm going to sleep now.
bye bye world.
Wednesday, March 5, 2008
hi there
Posted by
NOD
at
4:44 AM
Labels: american idol, music, review
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment