Thursday, October 18, 2007

[stepping out]



CHAPTER 1: DON'S WEDDING

good news:

my macbook is fixed.
yay.
they replaced the logicboard for me (i have no idea what this is, maybe it's equivalent to mainboard in pc)
anyway, since the "logicboard" is replaced, i decided that my laptop is no longer a guy.

It's a girl now, i call her Jennifer.
I went to Borders at wheelock place for our wedding.
Well, i went the CD section, stand in front of a Wedding music CD.
"i agree to take thee in sickness and in health"

Then BAM, we are married.
So, Jennifer is my wife now.
yay.

---------------------
CHAPTER 2: UNIFEM

Choir rehearsal after a very long time.
Very fulfilling I must say.
Worked with mrs Tay on two new songs, one indian and one chinese.
Love the indian song, and the "oh yi oh yi" part of the chinese piece.
Haha. cos that part is easier.
But the rest of that song makes me feel too cheena.
I like its ending though. Cute.

Those songs are part of our repertoire for an oncoming performance for a UNIFEM function.
Being so stupid and dumb in a marverlously awesome way, I have NO IDEA what UNIFEM is, though the name is superbly familiar.

This is what i've found about UNIFEM - United Nations Development Fund for Women

The United Nations Development Fund for Women, commonly known as UNIFEM, provides financial and technical assistance to innovative programmes and strategies that promote women’s human rights, political participation and economic security. Since 1976 it has supported women’s empowerment and gender equality through its programme offices and links with women’s organizations in the major regions of the world. Its work on gender responsive budgets began in 1996 in Southern Africa and has expanded to include East Africa, Southeast Asia, South Asia, Central America and the Andean region. It has worked to increase awareness throughout the UN system of gender responsive budgets as a tool to strengthen economic governance in all countries.

Well, the interesting fact is NICOLE KIDMAN is the goodwill ambassador.
She is great in Moulin Rouge and countless other movies.

Official website of UNIFEM: http://www.unifem.org
I'm really glad that I'm part of this upcoming performance, I really am.

---------------------
CHAPTER 3: BIO AND CHEM

I failed the theory paper of both Chem and Bio.
Well, I'm keeping my finger crossed that my CA will help me to pass those two subjects.
I have a lot of hope for Bio, and no hope for Chem.

Chem teacher made everyone feel even more stressed.
Bio teacher did the reverse: Calmed everyone down.

Thank God!

2 H2 and 1H1 pass, it seems so impossible now.

-----------------
CHAPTER 4: CHRISTINA AGUILERA AND STEPPING OUT

Since her cd "back to basics", I fancy Christina Aguilera.
She has turned more classy, more tamed, more mature.
Her taste in music is also better, or rather it caters more to my taste of music.
Her "back to basics" video clips are also awesome, classy, and has a good storyline.


Well, that is a photo of Tony Betnett and her perfoming at the Emmy Awards.

They sang "Stepping out", an upbeat, jazzy and sexy song.
Here is the clip from the performance:



I like her voice, it's strong but somehow very subtle.

Another clip of the same song at another performance - even more classy:


---------------
CHAPTER 5: CATCH PHRASES

Let's see how many people you can identify from their catch phrases:

"Don't give me freak Carbon!"

"silly four elephants"

"you're late. Stand there."

"My ass---- damn pain. argghh"

"aso"

"oh ok"

"yay"

"orh"

"let the light pass between you and your friend"

"tuuuhhhhhhh. the nation anthem. mari kita ...."

"you are special" --> ewwwwwwwww, so cliche

"what?"

"ok"

"hi don"

"hello don"

"yo don"

"donnyyyyy"

"aiyo. she's is so irritating"

"sexaye"

"aye"

"i want to fart"

"bite my butt"

"oh my god so cute"

"wtf"

"what did you just say?"

"weird"

"you think you so funny ah? ah? ah?"

"i choose dare"

"lol"

"tml"

"it's so sluggish"

"but have you asked again?"

"see me after choir"

"how can you do that? I'm your favorite student!"

"erm. haha. erm. erm. take out your essay. must do your correction at home. okkaaaaaaaayyyyyyy"

"dooooooonnnnnnnnnnn"

"yuppi is like, how yucky"

"screw him"

"those teenagers and their raging hormones"

"your head"

"want to dye your hair?"

"can i borrow your batch?"

"no. not him"

"i don't care about girls anymore"

"anita roddick. she's dead"

"sharp"

"flat"

"you're late"

"urrghh"

"morbid"

"lethargic"

"you are disgusting"

...
...



That's all for today.

0 comments:

 

"Peace cannot be kept by force.It can only be achieved by understanding." - Albert Einstein