a lot of things have happened - i'll try to condense them here
My term exam results were a big fat tragedy:
GP: 44%
Bio: 41% - S
Chem: 35% - U
Econ: don't know yet, but confirm U
Math: 8% - U, and yes, you are not reading wrongly - i got EIGHT PERCENT for my maths papers.
>.<
I was very frightened and horrified at first. But after a while, miraculously, I've become calmer.
I resolved to accept all those scores and move on.
Anyway, it does suck to be looked at like some pathetic failure.
I have to work much much harder, and put in more efforts into my academic side.
However, this particular term exam let me experience these things:
. Flunking EVERYTHING.
. Being nagged, singled out.
. Late night jazz.
. Eating a lot of snacks.
. Mad revision before coming into the hall
::::
On Sunday, 8 July. I went to watch SYNERGY. The concert of Australian Boys Choir, The Vocal Consort and Young Voices of Melbourne.
OH. The performance was just so amazing. It felt really really good to watch such a concert. The cosy recital studio of The Esplanade made it felt more like a family gathering. A lot of choir buddies and seniors were there, and so were my choir conductor and teacher.
I was impressed by all the songs. I enjoyed myself very much. "Hide and seek" was amazing. They changed the title of the song "Riot and Seek" by Imogen Heap, a 2007 Grammy nominee. I was quite excited to hear the song as I personally like the song "Riot and Seek" very much. When I heard they introduced a pop song name "Hide and Seek, I thought "What song is that?". After the first few words: "Where are we. What the hell is going on ..." it turned out to be nothing other than "Riot and Seek". The three choirs had very different colours, but all the more they painted a vivacious picture of Australia. "Waltzing Matilda" renditions were adorable. It's so cute. Anyway, everytime I met an Australian, they always sang that song. Cool. The French and other language pieces were also marvellous.
::::
On Saturday. Had choir rehearsal and an exchange programme with the Australian Boys Choir and the Vocal Consort.
What a meaningful time!
It was really interesting.
The kids were just so talented.
::::..::::
That's all.
Au revoir.
Tuesday, July 10, 2007
[just another post]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment